Friday, March 2, 2012

SFL 358 Blog Entry #13 - The Hobbit is Coming!!!


I am SOOOOOOO excited for this movie!!!! The first part doesn't even come out until December 14, 2012 (the second part comes out December 13, 2013)! Aaaaghhhh! I can't stand the long wait! Fortunately, however, Peter Jackson has been posting production videos online that show different aspects of making the movie as he's making it. A new one (#6) just came out yesterday (found here), so that explains my recently heightened excitement. Also, I just finished reading The Hobbit for the second time last week, so now I remember what exactly to expect from these films!

For those of you familiar with the book, you're probably wondering, "At that point in the book will the first movie end?" We don't know for sure yet, because they haven't revealed that officially, however, if you watch video #6, Peter Jackson kind of gives it away. He says they're currently filming part 2 and they're in Laketown, but they can't show us that yet because that movie doesn't come out until 2013. So, from that, we can deduce that the dwarves and Bilbo do not make it to Laketown yet by the end of the first film. Then, later in the video, they show the filming of the dwarves floating down the river in barrels. So, if they can show us the dwarves in barrels, yet they can't show us Laketown, that most likely means that the first part will end as they escape in barrels! More to follow later as more information comes out...

1 comment:

Becca said...

I'm so excited too! At first when I heard they were doing it I thought,
"Isn't that going to be a little anti-climactic after the trilogy?" But the more I watch Jackson's videos and hear about the actors doing it, the more excited I get! It's gonna be epic. :)