Friday, January 27, 2012

SFL 358 Blog Entry #6 - The Tree of Life


Now, you may be thinking, "Wait a minute, Chris, I thought this movie was about Brad Pitt and Sean Penn having family difficulties or something, so why on earth did you post a picture of some dinosaurs?" Well, all I can say is, though it takes place both in the 1950's and the 2000's and centers on Brad Pitt's (or Sean Penn's?) character, this is indeed a picture from the movie. Needless to say, this is a weird movie!

Before I go on, I must admit I only watched the first 50 minutes. I simply couldn't take any more! The only reason I wanted to watch it is because it's on of the Best Picture nominees this year, but it turns out that wasn't enough of a reason to get me to watch the whole thing. It's very disjointed and hard to follow. At about 20 minutes into the film, you get about 15 minutes of CG nebulae and creation on earth. And, as the picture suggests, you get some dinosaurs! Why, you ask? Shoot, I ask that, too! Why??? If you can stick it out, then go for it, but just know that it's going to get weird!

In terms of media, it doesn't appear to have anything inappropriate in it :)

3 comments:

Jean said...

Okay, sounds really weird. But I still feel obligated to watch it in the name of Oscar awareness... :-)

Sarah Coyne said...

I've heard this is the most random movie ever!! Sounds like it's okay for a miss.

Becca said...

Sounds like 2001: A Space Odyssey or something. And I really hated that movie, so maybe I'll skip this one!